POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Photons, lighting, reflection... WIP : Photons, lighting, reflection... WIP Server Time
16 Aug 2024 14:18:09 EDT (-0400)
  Photons, lighting, reflection... WIP
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 22 Jan 2002 14:40:19
Message: <3C4DBFF5.7847E30D@gmx.de>
Hi there!

I'm working on an image which should finally appear to be
photo-realistic,
but yet abstract.
The object is supposed to be made of something like gold or... erm.
Don't
know the translation of the metal that looks similiar...
So, on the object I'm playing with variable reflection, using falloff
and exponent.
The highlights are caused by the actual lightsource-object (the
media-sphere),
there is no specular or phong highlighting in the finish-statement.

The light is a high rgb area-light (using rgb 8 in this one, I think),
but with a low
fade_distance to diminish the lighting quickly. Sadly, the photons are
pretty bright
because of this too, so does someone know a trick to have a low-rgb
lightsource
shoot the photons, while another lightsource does the actual lighting?
Or am I totally wrong and photons don't care if the rgb is 8?

The floor also needs some work, but for now, I want to focus on lighting

and the object's textures. So, gimme comments, suggestions and critics!

Tim
--
Tim Nikias

Attachments: